Thursday, October 30, 2008

I need a happy post.

Baseball makes me happy. Lets talk about that.

Back in April I wrote this account of when I picked up my season tickets. (You should go read it, I’m rather proud of it.) Last Friday (the 24th) I took another trip downtown to the ballpark. I wasn’t there to pick up tickets this time. Last week I, with my parents, picked new seats. Every year they give the season ticket holders an opportunity to relocate. This year we finally got to the event and picked new seats.

We were supposed to wander around with a group of people, all contemplating new seats and options. But due to a miscommunication, my parents and I ended up being by ourselves, the last people to pick seats. We got our own personal tour of the ballpark. Ok, it wasn’t the whole ballpark, it was less than a dozen sections, but it was nice to have some personal attention.

Now, we’ve always loved our seats, but there were a couple of minor problems. Well, one was rather major: the annoyance of the airflow not being very good in our particular spot. The other problem was that our section tended to be among the ones that the out-of-town fans would populate. Most fans were fine, but certain teams have really obnoxious fans showing up. But otherwise, I have always been happy. (I wish I took a picture of our seats to show you, or even the view of the field from there. Oh well.)

So Louis took us upstairs, to check out the seats on the list he wrote. We started in 316, which is the center section in the upper concourse, and we worked around to our section, which was 309. We really liked these seats. Right in the middle, you can see the entire field. Dad laughed and said we didn’t need to see any more, we’d found our seats. But I wanted to at least look at the other ones, just to make sure. So we stopped at each of the next options, but there were objections to each. In the end, we took those seats in the center.

Section 316, Row 11, Seats 12-16. In the center section, in the center of the row. No more people climbing in front of us. Now we get to be the ones making others get up. We didn’t get up all that often anyway, and now we’ll probably get up less. But this is the view from our new seat. Pretty, isn't it?



Since we made the decision pretty quickly, we still had time before Dad and I had to get back to work. I jokingly suggested we eat at Friday’s Front Row, which overlooks the field. (I’d always wanted to sit up there.) And both Mom and Dad thought that would be fun, so that’s where we had lunch. It’s a great view, isn’t it? Mom was very amused at how giddy and happy I was as we sat at lunch. You have to understand, I love being at the ballpark. I was happy to have moved our seats, and am really excited to have a different experience next year. If only the offseason wasn’t so long.



Hey look what I figured out I could do! Now you can see where we used to sit and where we'll sit next season.

No comments: