Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Map

This map is a limited edition print of a map that was gifted to the wonderful people who helped designed the new message boards at theonering.net. I had left the unframed print at my parents' house when I moved, because I had no safe place for it at my new apartment. My parents surprised me by getting it framed. I had gone to their house for dinner, and all of a sudden, there was my map, sitting just inside the door. They told me that they had intended to hang it up and see if I noticed it.

I was so excited to take my map home, and so eager to see it on the wall, that as soon as I got home that night, I put two hangers in the wall and hung it up. The only problem with my enthusiasm is that it was midnight, and I got to meet my upstairs neighbor. Oops, at least he was very polite about it.

Here's the map:


Here's the close-up of the corner. I love the distressed wood. The matting looks somewhat like sparkly gold, and I think goes well with the red tones of the map.



Here's a picture of my name and my neighbors.







No comments: