Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm a little bit confused.

And I don't know what to think right now.

Last summer I was dating a guy who I really liked. Only he was Catholic and I'm Mormon. (Just a little detail, right?) I thought things were going really well. But at the end of the summer, he seemed to back off some. I don't really remember exactly what he said, but the end result was that the religious difference was too much to deal with, so we shouldn't date. And then there was some sort of comment that if we were meant to be together that somehow, someway, God and life would just happen that we meet again.

I think that's the most annoying thing to hear. "If we're meant to be, then we'll be together later." Well, what if this was our only chance, and you won't get another, and you're tossing it away?

I am a firm believer of the reality of God leading my life, if I let Him. I fully believe that He can guide things so that they work out according to His plan and what's best for me. But, I also believe that you should make the most of your opportunities when they're in front of you and not wait for another chance.

Anyway, I didn't figure I'd ever hear from this guy again. So when my phone rings this afternoon and his name is on the display, I am completely shocked. I just stared at my phone for a moment or two. He wants to go to a movie and catch up and everything.

Of course I want to see him. A month ago I was thinking about him and even got so far as to try to look up his address to send him a card or something. Then I thought better of it. And really, he was the one who wanted to put everything up to chance, or luck, or God's will, or the universe, or whatever you want to call it. If he wanted to see me, he would figure out how to contact me.

So he found my phone number and called. So I guess we're seeing a movie. I have to call him in a bit to tell him about the movies and times.

I don't know what to think. I don't know what he wants. But I do know that I have to go home and change my shirt and try to play with my hair, because I am not going out looking like I'm on my way to a baseball game.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I am intensely curious!!!!!