Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Very Happy New Year

I don't know about you, but this last Christmas and New Years have been the best ever.
A week before Christmas, I went to a fireside in Mesa. Now, normally I avoid firesides, and I don't think I've gone to one in well over a year. But I didn't have anything else to do that Sunday night, and had been used to having been occupied on Sunday nights for the previous couple of months. And the last time I considered going to a Single Adult fireside, I talked myself out of going. But this time was different. I went, fully expecting to not know anyone, or if I was lucky, to know only one person. Turns out I did know one person there, and he introduced me to a couple of other women. Well, I talk to one sister, and we're hanging out by the stage, talking and laughing. At least, I was laughing. Most of you know my laugh, loud and echoing in a half-full gym. So eventually, a guy comes up to us, starts talking.
Apparently he had been there for 30 minutes, trying to decide who to talk to. And since we seemed to be having a real good time, he came up to us. And he and I hit it off so well. We talked for at least 2 hours that night. We talked for 3 hours on the phone Monday, 3-1/2 hours Tuesday, we visited the Temple Lights on Wednesday and talked till 2am, Thursday was another 3 hours, Friday (Christmas Eve) I go over and we sit and talk till midnight, Saturday we go to the home of a woman in his ward, and again, I'm with him for hours.
We have so much in common. The same favorites of so many things, like food, cookies, and music. We have this great spiritual connection, too. We've shared our testimonies, our beliefs, ideas for the future, and plans for implementing scripture study and reading. And he's just so sweet and kind and funny. He gets my sense of humor, I don't have to hold back my sarcasm too much, he's goofy and silly. He loves music, he's singing all the time. Doing little random dances, talks like Kermit the Frog. I have so much fun with him.
Last week was more of the same. I saw him Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. We talk everyday. We've talked so much that I went over my minutes on my phone. Last night we went to Costco and I got a new phone with a plan on Verizon, because nearly everyone I know (including him and my family) are on Verizon.
The only downside (well, not the only one, but a major one) is that he isn't actually a member of the Church yet. And he needs to wait for permission to get baptized. So a major obstacle, but I see such a bright future with him, that I'm going to wait and see what happens next with him.
But just so you know, I am so completely happy when I am with him, or talk to him. It's only a week and a half, but I seriously can't imagine life with out him.

3 comments:

Emily said...

That sounds so awesome Heather!

Angeweena said...

ohhhh my gosh we neeeeeeed to catch up thats for sure!!!! YEAH HEATHER

Moses Family said...

I'm so happy for you! :)