Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Has it been a month already?

Tomorrow it will be one month since I met Corey. This past Sunday we went to a fireside in Mesa, at the same place where we met. Last month, I knew one person and my expectations were rather low on the enjoyment/meeting new people scale. This month, I was there with the one person I wanted to be with, and my expectations of enjoyment were rather high. And it was a great message, full of meaning for both of us. What a difference a month makes.
It's funny, I always smirked a little bit at those people who met someone and practically the next day they were engaged, or knew they were going to get married. I never really expected that I was going to be like that. If Corey was a member of the church then I'd probably be announcing my wedding date. But he's not a member, so we're waiting until he is able to be baptized.
At the fireside on Sunday, the speaker talked about the trials we go through. That sometimes they are because it's life, because of our poor decisions, or because of others' poor decisions. And that sometimes all the preparation, all the studying and praying that you've done, is to prepare you for dealing with the hardships of your life, and the trials associated with it.
Anyways, I'm not going to be telling you much about the specific trials we are going to go through, but I will keep gushing about how happy I am. And I am happy. All morning we were sending sappy text messages back and forth. He is so sweet and good to me. I found a guy that knows about cars, so I might not ever have to visit a mechanic again. He's handy, and knows how to build things and use power tools. He likes to cook, but hates to clean. Which is ok, because cooking stresses me out, and I'm happy to clean up after my own personal chef. He plays the guitar and sings to me all the time. He makes me laugh, and loves to hear me laugh, and loves to see me happy. Most importantly, he has an incredible testimony and love for God. He knows that he needs the church and the Gospel and the Atonement in his life.
And a really neat thing? He loves the missionaries and spending time with them. He loves spending time on the Temple grounds. We plan on spending our Friday nights at the Visitor's Center, watching videos with the elders. So if you ever want to meet him, you can find us there every Friday night. Married folks, find a babysitter and make it a date night. My single friends, come and hang out with us.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sounds great Heather!