Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Addition


This is my new niece. She was born on 20 January, at 4:20 am, at 7 pounds, 10 ounces.

Funnily, I had a conversation with my sister Jenn (the mother) just the night before about the baby and due dates and how she was hoping that the baby would wait until February to make her appearance. Evidently she had other ideas. (Actually we had that discussion about 4 hours before my sister woke up with contractions.)

I love little babies and being able to hold them when they're still so tiny. I visited baby and parents early this morning, and got to hold her. Holding a six-hour-old baby is quite an experience. I'll get to watch the older children tonight so my parents can visit. My niece called me this morning to tell me that she had a new baby sister. She was very excited about the news.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

How fun! Babies are the greatest! Its also fun to see their big brothers and sisters be so happy about the new little one. Being an aunt ROCKS!

Callie Thurell said...

so beautiful!!! I wish my niece would make her appearance soon!