Friday, January 9, 2009

Baseball Ups and Downs

(Note: This is a very baseball-geeky entry. Just so if you don't want to read about baseball, stop here.)

John Smoltz is going to play for the Red Sox this season. That makes me sad.

Tim Lincecum is on Hot Stove tonight, and is just adorable. He has no problem talking about the game, and his awards, and his pitching. But he got uncomfortable when it was mentioned that he does impersonations of voices from a tv show, Family Guy I think. He didn't want to give a demonstration of that, but he has no problem getting on the mound in the studio and breaking down his pitching. Shows that ballplayers are used to dissecting the game, but also know how to seperate their private self from their public self. Also, he speaks very well. Knows his mechanics, and how his motion works. Very self-possessed for a 24-year-old.

Also, he is just cute. And is slightly star-struck about being teammates with Randy Johnson.

Which Randy pitching for SF also makes me sad, but not as sad as if he had gone to the Dodgers.

Made the 4th of 5 payments for my tickets today. I am so looking forwards to the season and our new seats.

I love love love the MLB Network. It's now the default channel I turn to when I'm watching tv. It's not offered by qwest at our new place just yet. I'll have to request it.

Bob Melvin is in an interview now. It's really nice to hear about my team in a nice extended and relaxed way.

I love baseball.

2 comments:

Callie Thurell said...

I love baseball - I don't get into it as much as you - you know - watching the MLB network and stuff. But I do love going to games!

Kethry said...

Heh, not many people I hang out with are into baseball as much as I am. But that's ok.