Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dancing and Music

So I've been watching a lot of musicals recently. (I love TCM.) Last week BYUtv had The Gathering, BYU's annual Christmas program. I recorded it and am just now getting around to watching it. Dancing and music and stuff. I really wish I could dance like that. Tap and clogging and all sorts of stuff. I used to take dance lessons, way long ago. I really enjoyed them, I think. I don't really have the shape of a dancer anymore. It would be slightly awkward for me to be bouncing up and down now. But I think I could do ballroom dancing. That would be awesome, learning to dance like that. One day I'll find a man who wants to learn to dance like that with me.

So I just watching a number that was like "Me Old Bamboo", but in Romanian. Weird. The group playing the music for the performance is just fantastic. I wish I still played in a group.

And now the best of Ireland. Step dancing is so awesomely fantastic.

Bagpipes and kilts. I love a good bagpiper. Bagpipes in harmony! Can you believe that? With the gorgeous snare drum line.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I don't get it. Why would it be awkward for you to bounce up and down? :) I want to get into dancing again too. I did show choir in high school and I miss it.

Emily said...

Yeah dancing is always fun, maybe someday I'll convince Ryan to take ballroom lessons with me.

kedwards said...

I would love to take a dance class, but Patrick hates dancing. I should have gotten a pre-nup saying he would take at least one class with me.

Kethry said...

Hmm, a prenup is a good idea. I was having a conversation today with my sister-in-law about kids, and having little curly red-haired girls, and how now one of my requirements in a prospective mate is blond hair, with family members who also have light curly hair. So now another thing on the list is a requirement to go to dance lessons with me.

Callie Thurell said...

I think it is every girls dream to know how to dance and to have a man that will dance with her! haha

I also agree that TCM is a great channel