Monday, November 3, 2008

Lists and things

I made a list of all the things that I want to/need to/should do/could do today.

  • Write a blog entry.
  • Pick one of the tags and do it.
  • Check my bank accounts.
  • Catch up on the baseball news.
  • FedEx those packages.
  • Filing for my supervisor.
  • Plan for the big move.
  • Email and notes to friends that I've neglected.
  • Write in letter journal.
  • Finish ripping and burning music from the Messiah.

Where to start... First, there needed to be music. I brought some Christmas music to work today. Well, I'm singing in the Messiah this year, so I need to get in the Christmas mood. Then, I needed to get some things out of my head, so I opened the letter journal. (It's a word document that is addressed to a particular person, who may not ever read it.) When I got that out of the way, I checked my account balances. (Notice how actual work productivity isn't even high on the list, let alone something I do first.) Once I ensured that my rent check won't bounce, I turned to work. (Well, after a game or three of Spider Solitare. I love that game.)

Those packages are now ready for pickup. Oh, and I answered the phone several times. And made a call. Now I can focus on some other things for a little while. Like the vital blog entry.

I did look at mlb.com already today and checked the free agent filings. It was good to know that even if all those free agents leave, the D-backs will get a lot of draft picks in return. The farm system will get stocked again.

I found it interesting that of all the randomness of my last entry, the focus was on my hair and appearance, not the hints about moving. Well, I am excited about my hair, so that's ok. I read an article today about haircuts. About a woman with really long hair who on a whim got 8 inches lopped off. Go check it out. My haircut wasn't quite as impulsive. But it is just as drastic. Too bad I didn't get any before and after pics. (Just as a side note, the pic of the author's new haircut is pretty much what my hair looked like after the trauma of my 2nd grade haircut. Imagine having that drastic of a haircut, but not realizing that that's what you were getting. Can you blame me for being hesitant of getting my hair cut?)

Ok, maybe now I'll go get some filing and pretend that I'll be productive for the rest of the afternoon.

4 comments:

Nikki and Edward Moure said...

What did I miss? "Big move" "Come January..."???? Sorry, we haven't had our monthly get together since I am too lazy to work out and I guess that makes me far behind news-wise.

Kethry said...

My roommate and I are going to move to a new apartment in January. I see most of my friends often enough that they don't get their news from here. I don't even know how many even bother to read it.

But in any case, yes we need to have our chat time. I've been working out with my Mom on Mondays and Wednesdays, but if you want to hop in, or we can chat on alternate days, that'd be great.

Oh, and the other part of the moving news is that once I move I'm not going to the YSA ward anymore. I figure that since I'm now past the age line, I should voluntarily remove myself before I'm nudged along.

MyKelle J said...

Sounds like you have had a productive day! I write lists of things that need to be done and then I forget where in the heck they are... lol

Teach me your ways!

Kethry said...

Oh I certainly didn't get all of those things done. I was rather productive, but I never finish off the list. Whatever is left undone gets put on the next version.

And publishing your intentions for the entire blogosphere to see is a great way to create accountability. Then you can look back and see how unproductive you were.