Thursday, November 6, 2008

Blessings of tithing

There are great blessings that come because of tithing. I think most people now expect a story of how this one time I paid my tithing and got some great life-changing testimony-affirming experience happened. Well, that's not the story I have to tell. I didn't pay my tithing, and I'm glad.

Now before you condemn me for being glad I didn't pay my tithing, let me explain. The Sunday before General Conference, I forgot to bring a check with me to church to give my offerings. I was annoyed, because then I'd have three weeks of tithing and a fast offering to give all on one check two weeks later. It all worked out, but I prefer to give as I get paid. Makes it easier to make sure I keep current with it.

This past weekend was Stake Conference. I managed to remember a check the week before, so that was all good. But this week is a little tight. Not only rent, but baseball tickets were coming out of the same paycheck, so a little shifting of the funds was needed. So the little minor fact of not paying my tithing this week is a great blessing. As soon as the next paycheck comes, everything will be fine, and there will be no worries.

Isn't it funny where you can find blessings if you look for them? Normally, I wouldn't think about how not paying tithing is a blessing, but somehow, this week it is.

2 comments:

Moses Family said...

What?! You have a blog??? How did I not know this! Oh wait...it's coming to me....it's fuzzy....I remember you mentioning a blog (briefly) but telling me that you never do anything with it. Hmmm, perhaps you were trying to keep me oblivious to your blogging!?!?!

P.S. I miss you.

Kethry said...

Heh, remember the last time we really got to talk? Angie's birthday party. Months ago. Wait, I think there was once more, but I can't remember. If you had taken any time to talk to me, I would have been able to tell you that I can get into this again. But no time for me. *sniff*

I miss you too!