Thursday, December 31, 2009

Disappointments and Regrets; Hopes and Dreams

You remember that movie with the mice? An American Tail? Everytime I look up at the night sky, that silly song runs through my head. And I wonder about things. Ok, mostly I think about guys.

But still, I wonder….
Have I met him yet?
Does he remember me?
When will we meet?
Will I see him again?
Is he looking up at the same sky I am?
Who is he and when will I know?
How long do I have to wait?

I mostly try not to think too much on the last one.

I do a lot of thinking in the car. I also do a lot of praying while I’m driving. Deep thoughts and contemplation. And today I was thinking about this past year. And thinking about the coming new year.

We really don’t need to rehash the bad things about the year. Because, for one thing, no point in talking about it, and secondly, I’ve already talked about it a little bit here on my blog. And third, it’ll just bring down the hopeful vibe I’m feeling this New Year’s. (You might notice that this is a slightly more cheerful post than the last one. Things are better, but there should still be a girls’ night sometime in January. But this post has only a little to do with the last.)

I’m moving at the end of January. Again. This time I’m moving in with my sister and her family. And I’ll spend time at my parents’ house, too. And I’m excited about being with my sister’s family. Spending more time with her kids. (Not having to pay rent is pretty awesome, too.)

But I really don’t want to move. Well, I don’t mind the idea of moving, but I was really hoping that the next time I moved I would be moving into my own place.

So my Hopes and Dreams for 2010:
Get a job I like. (Very, VERY important)
Get my own place.
Complete the quilting projects I’ve started.
Save money.
Be able to look up at the moon next New Year’s Eve, holding someone’s hand.

So these are more of a list of goals, but I’m not using the words ‘goal’ and ‘resolution’. I don’t want to be too ambitious about things, so we’ll keep it a short and managable list. Well, I do have other things to accomplish, but let’s not get too personal.

But, the point is, it’s going to be a good year. And I can’t wait to see what comes.

Happy New Year!