Monday, April 14, 2008

A list of annoyances

Actually, just three things right now. I don't want to get all carried away with what bothers me, because I certainly don't want to get myself all worked up about it.


"I was just going to say..." I sit in class, and a nice discussion is going on. A question is asked, and hands are raised. The first words out of nearly everyone's mouth? "I was just going to say..." I know you're going to speak. You were called on weren't you? You have something to say, just say it. If you really must preface your comment with something unnecessary, at least say something along the lines of "I was just thinking..." I would really like to know that you were thinking before you opened your mouth.

Make your point already! I might be a little bit impatient at times. But when you finally get past your little preface, informing us that you are going to speak, just say what you have to say. Tell one story, give me one example and then apply it. I really don't want to hear about everything that might possibly remotely be connected. Just make your point and wrap it up.

Not being able to sign into my blog. There is a certain number of websites that are blocked on my computer at work. Somehow, blogger.com is one of them. It really bothers me that there is somehow content that gets the attention of the blocker. I have one more thing to try, and then I am out of ideas. I can look at any of the blogs, but I can't sign in. And without a computer at home, I have to visit my parents and borrow their computer. Not that that is really a hardship, but I have things to do most nights.

No comments: